Self Portrait

Self Portrait
Holly Pepper

Tread Lightly

Currently I am undertaking an internship in Utrecht, Netherlands with the renowned design team consisting of Tejo Remy + Rene Veenhuizen. Through this blog I plan to document my design experience in Holland.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Midland Atelier

 The Midland Atelier is housed in the Pattern shop, one of the many buildings in the old railway workshops, based on the outskirts of Perth. The surroundings are pretty inspiring. Down below are 12 designer makers, working away at there individual businesses. My studio sits above the hive action downstairs; I am based in the Water tower, away from the dust of all the wood creations.

Since moving into the space I have managed to fill one pretty large space with all sorts of collected treasures. I have traveled to Denmark to collect all of my precious objects, which have been stashed away in storage.

Whilst working out at Midland I aim to develop a new body of work to exhibit in my first solo exhibition in early 2010. I will focus primarily on developing a range of sustainable designed floor mats handmade from recycled materials and/or environmentally sustainable certified materials. Throughout the production of these prototypes I will be mentored by Wilma Van Boxtel an award winning, Western Australian based designer who has a strong philosophy and experience in sustainable furniture design. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey- there's the mold! You weren't making that bit up. Where are the 'bots? Page needs more 'bots. Everything else looks great- look forward to updates on the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete

Midland Atelier

Midland Atelier
The Water Tower Studio.

The Water Tower View

The Floor Mat

The Floor Mat
This is an organic looking floor mat I am creating. It was inspired by mold crawling up the wall