Self Portrait

Self Portrait
Holly Pepper

Tread Lightly

Currently I am undertaking an internship in Utrecht, Netherlands with the renowned design team consisting of Tejo Remy + Rene Veenhuizen. Through this blog I plan to document my design experience in Holland.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sculpture by the Sea 2010


For a long time now I have dreamt of exhibiting in the Cottesloe Sculpture by the Sea Exhibition. So I got cracking and spent a good 12 hours pumping out the design work to represent my concept. I am not usually a last minute person but I purposely left it to the last minute on this occasion; I have a tendency to spend way to long on these submissions. Days can slip away when you refine and refine the submission content.The rate of knock backs an artist gets means that you can’t become too attached to your design concepts. But at the same time you have to have enough love and logic invested in the design idea that you can pull it off later down the track.

 Anyway, to cut to the chase my sculpture concept has been accepted by the Sculpture by the Sea selection committee. I will be one of the 60 exhibitors at the beach side exhibition in March 2010. To put things mildly I am over the moon about my selection in the exhibition. This is one big break for an emerging artist like myself. The sculpture by the sea team expects over 140,000 visitors to the event over the 3 weeks, so surely the exposure from this event will be beneficial. But I think above all the nicest part about exhibiting in this exhibition is that it is fun, it is an exhibition that makes art accessible broad target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midland Atelier

Midland Atelier
The Water Tower Studio.

The Water Tower View

The Floor Mat

The Floor Mat
This is an organic looking floor mat I am creating. It was inspired by mold crawling up the wall