Self Portrait

Self Portrait
Holly Pepper

Tread Lightly

Currently I am undertaking an internship in Utrecht, Netherlands with the renowned design team consisting of Tejo Remy + Rene Veenhuizen. Through this blog I plan to document my design experience in Holland.

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Artist in Residence at Nan's place




Well I have come to the point where I have out grown my studio and I have taken up an artist in residence at my Nanna's place in Darlington. This is the life! Nan reads my frustration at the laborious task of threading pods together and pumping out plastic joiners, she comes out with a cold ginger beer and ice-cream. 

What a Nan, putting up with her garage being turned into the welding shed. The Back room is the pod threading station. The verandah has become the temporary photography studio. It must take a fair bit of tolerance to have an granddaughter come and be your artist in residence. Nevertheless the support keeps flowing, at 9 pm last night just as nan popped off to bed she came out with a plate of sweets to keep my sugar levels up.

Anyway, as you can see sleeping and breathing this project has enabled me to make a bit of progress. The frame has been welded up, at a very overwhelming scale. The miniature version for the Sculpture inside exhibition is now complete. It turned out to be not so miniature seeing as though i couldn't fit it into any car. 

Hopefully with another week at Nan's the final piece will be near to complete. Dad has decided to mission up to Perth to help put an end to this task. He is the one of the most relaxed blokes I know and he is loosing sleep over the Spinifex screen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midland Atelier

Midland Atelier
The Water Tower Studio.

The Water Tower View

The Floor Mat

The Floor Mat
This is an organic looking floor mat I am creating. It was inspired by mold crawling up the wall