Self Portrait

Self Portrait
Holly Pepper

Tread Lightly

Currently I am undertaking an internship in Utrecht, Netherlands with the renowned design team consisting of Tejo Remy + Rene Veenhuizen. Through this blog I plan to document my design experience in Holland.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Pod is Growing!


For the past couple of days I have been kicking about in my hometown, Denmark. It is pretty easy to be overcome with lethargy and not do a lot in Denmark. But finally over the past couple of days I have mustered up a bit of motivation and started working on a large scale public artwork with my dad. The pods are growing at a rapid scale. The piece is about 2 meters in diameter.... and the new scale and material thickness is posing lots of new challenging problems.

You will be able to view the finished product at the Melville Sculpture walk, which opens on March the 11th 2010.

I have also been sussing out sacrificial anodes, to prevent the piece from rusting in an outdoor environment. The Lipinski's recent purchase of ' The Pod' is the first piece to use the experimental sacrificial anode... hopefully it stops the piece of rusting away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midland Atelier

Midland Atelier
The Water Tower Studio.

The Water Tower View

The Floor Mat

The Floor Mat
This is an organic looking floor mat I am creating. It was inspired by mold crawling up the wall