Self Portrait

Self Portrait
Holly Pepper

Tread Lightly

Currently I am undertaking an internship in Utrecht, Netherlands with the renowned design team consisting of Tejo Remy + Rene Veenhuizen. Through this blog I plan to document my design experience in Holland.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Prototype Number 4



The concrete chair prototyping continues, we are on to prototype number 4. The wooden clamps are gradually becoming rougher and rougher as the parts to the mould get treated as a ‘work in progress.’ Gradually I am cutting away at the pieces to modify details of the piece. The shape of the piece is becoming refined and the edge finish is being experimented with.

This internship is teaching me to preserver. I generally have a tendency to jump from one idea to the next. This task of refining the concrete stool is a good lesson I can take home and use on my own work.

I am enjoying making the most out of Tejo and Rene’s fully equipped workshop, they are stocked up with every tool you could want. Each corner of the studio you can find a stash of materials. This is another thing that is lacking in my studio at home. I need to start investing in more tools so I have the liberty to diversify the projects that I am working on. Whenever I get cracking on a project at home I am continually faced with the dilemma of a lack of tools, space and the money to invest in materials.

For now I will lap up the use of this decked out studio in Holland!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midland Atelier

Midland Atelier
The Water Tower Studio.

The Water Tower View

The Floor Mat

The Floor Mat
This is an organic looking floor mat I am creating. It was inspired by mold crawling up the wall