Self Portrait

Self Portrait
Holly Pepper

Tread Lightly

Currently I am undertaking an internship in Utrecht, Netherlands with the renowned design team consisting of Tejo Remy + Rene Veenhuizen. Through this blog I plan to document my design experience in Holland.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Queens Day



A sea of orange flooded the Netherlands this weekend. The streets were filled with coloured flags lining the streets. Lots of People made a big effort to dress ridiculously in some sort of Orange outfit. This was all in the name of Queens Day, the biggest annual celebration in the Netherlands.

The streets also turn into one big jumble sale. Queens day is a good excuse to clean out the house and sell all the junk laying around your house. As the selling starts so do the small house parties, which then converges into one big street party. It was an amazing atmosphere I have not really experience before.

Me and my hoarding habits, meant that I couldn’t resist the bargains lining the streets. The first night I picked up a toaster and air mattress to make for a homely environment when my Australia visitors hit town.

Then day two in Delft, I bought some very bright looking sneakers to get my exercise on. I also spotted a very nice pair of cycling shoes for my dad, fingers crossed they fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Midland Atelier

Midland Atelier
The Water Tower Studio.

The Water Tower View

The Floor Mat

The Floor Mat
This is an organic looking floor mat I am creating. It was inspired by mold crawling up the wall