Self Portrait

Self Portrait
Holly Pepper

Tread Lightly

Currently I am undertaking an internship in Utrecht, Netherlands with the renowned design team consisting of Tejo Remy + Rene Veenhuizen. Through this blog I plan to document my design experience in Holland.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tectonic plates


Yesterday we had our own mini earthquake at the Remy + Veenhuizen Atelier. We were gunning though making another floor mat. We had a nice bit of team work going on. When the whole piece was complete an eruption occurred in the middle of the mat. All the the woolen blanket pieces were curled up under pressure and burst out with a huge crack across the middle of the work.

Anyway, we spent an hour repairing it yesterday, and I am sure there are another few hours to go today to fix the piece.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly! Your internship seems like it was a lot of fun. I was looking for information on how to make a wollen floor mat like the ones that Remy + Veenhuizen make. I just wanted to know: Is each strip folded and sewn, or just folded over? And how are the pieces stiched together? And just out of curiousity, why are there sticks sticking up from the mat in the "making of".
    I have a blog which is mainly about architecture (as I am finishing my architecture degree now) but I also love creating my own furniture, clothes, etc. http://pulmonate.blogspot.com/?spref=fb
    Would love if you could help me out! Good luck for the future!

    ReplyDelete

Midland Atelier

Midland Atelier
The Water Tower Studio.

The Water Tower View

The Floor Mat

The Floor Mat
This is an organic looking floor mat I am creating. It was inspired by mold crawling up the wall